Central Bank of the Russian Federation, Depository system
Central Bank of the Russian Federation. Depository system
The Depository system of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation is based on CMA’s solution DEPO/X. It provides safekeeping and administration of securities. The Central Bank keeps information about depository accounts opened by the Central Bank in Russian Central Securities Depository (CSD), foreign CSDs and ICSD. The Depository system registers counterparties, accounts, sub-accounts, securities, transactions and balances.
The system provides:
- Depository services for safekeeping and administration of securities.
- Integration with Russian CSD.
- Integration with the Central bank payment system.
- Reconciliation with CSDs and ICSDs based on MT535, MT536 and MT564 SWIFT messages.
- Revaluation of securities portfolio.
- Various currencies.
- All necessary Russian regulatory reports.
- Control functions and reports.
- Wide list of analytical reports.
DEPO/X is based on a multilayer architecture. It has a centralized data repository, built on Oracle DBMS. Intermediate Core Level is the core of tasks execution. The management of a Core Level is done on a Business Logic Level. Flexible configuration of the system’s business logic allows rapid changing of the existing functionality of the system and adding new functionality if needed.
Status: The previous version of the system went live operation in 1999. The system was fully upgraded by replacing the platform in 2012.